Friday, October 22, 2010

Taylor Swift - Speak Now (Album)

Album: Speak Now
Artist: Taylor Swift
Release Date: October 25, 2010



Review:
I remembered when I first heard Taylor Swift I judged her and predicted her career will be like Hilary Duff but I'm absolutely wrong she is one of the biggest female singers in our generation! With Grammys, bunch of other awards and super selling multi-platinum albums she is back with another album called "Speak Now"! The first track "Mine" which is the first single got a different catchy sound on the album version. It got a pop feel in it I even love the track now than before but lyrically it's so predictable and there is nothing new on it. "Sparks Fly" the second track sounded like a combination of Taylor's old songs like she done that type of bridge before. "Back To December" which is one of her 3 promo singles that already entered top 10 is a mellow track it's a nice and simple song but again there is nothing new on it it's like I heard it before. "Speak Now" another promo single is a very catchy track and at least unlike the earlier tracks this is something new for Taylor. I like her cute vocals and it got a teen anthem vibe into it. "Dear John" a 7 minutes track and I do get the message of the song it's about John the heart breaker! It's another predictable Taylor's boy bashing track.  "Mean" is her anti bullying country song and her last promo single. The lyric "Someday I'll be living in a big old city, and all you're ever gonna be is mean. someday I'll be, big enough so you can't hit me" is really empowering and what really cracked me up is the bridge part "Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things. Drunken and bones and all about, how I can't sing." Oh my Taylor I'm so sorry! Guilty as charged lol! "The Story of Us" is an upbeat track and it's far from being a country song but a pop dance song. It's like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana can record this track.  "Never Grow Up" is about basically you are reminiscing your younger years and you wish that sometime you don't grow up. It sounded like "The Best Day" from her last album. "Enchanted" started pretty boring but the chorus was absolutely a shower song worthy and the rest of the track pretty showcased Swift's vocals! "Better Than Revenge" sounded like a catchy pop rock track and I do like it! "Innocent" a 5 minutes track and I do skipped it because it sounded like any other Taylor Swift's song! "Haunted" got a very nice full force intro. "Last Kiss" is a 6 minutes break up track and I noticed most of her slow songs is super lengthy she should have cut it to like 4 minutes.  "Long Live" the album finale is basically about stating long live to all the good times and memories you make. I feel like the album is super long but this is a safe album. She did try something new in couple of tracks but Taylor Swift is enjoying her comfort zone right now. I hope next time she take a risk and innovate her craft.


Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Angelo's Picks:
Mine
Mean
Speak Now
The Story of Us
Better Than Revenge


No. Title
Length
1. "Mine"  
3:50
2. "Sparks Fly"  
4:20
3. "Back to December"  
4:53
4. "Speak Now"  
4:00
5. "Dear John"  
6:43
6. "Mean"  
3:57
7. "The Story of Us"  
4:25
8. "Never Grow Up"  
4:50
9. "Enchanted"  
5:52
10. "Better than Revenge"  
3:37
11. "Innocent"  
5:02
12. "Haunted"  
4:02
13. "Last Kiss"  
6:07
14. "Long Live"  
5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment